View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #249 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ICE* View Post
anyone replaced the cheap ebay camera with the Kenwood Cmos-200? There is a deal going on ebay for $154 shipped if you search for it. Any problem with day or night brightness or contrast?

Found another camera also, Boyo VTL351. Looks like the Boyo CCD is better than the Kenwood CMOS camera so I will get it and report back for any updates or improvement!
NEW BOYO VTL351 CAR LICENSE PLATE REAR VIEW CAMERA WIDE - eBay (item 390166612383 end time May-06-10 02:35:09 PDT)
I have the Kenwood CMOS-200 installed now. Very nice. The angle of view is super wide so you can see some bumper along with the rest of the outside world. The brightness is perfect in both daylight and night. Time will tell just how well it withstands the weather.

I'll post a pic in a bit. Just for reference, the CMOS-200 doesn't have any lines to mark distances on screen. The CMOS-300 has multiple selectable views and distance lines, but costs double.