View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
azn370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: z34 - R1
azn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Polish, which one do you use?

I'm going to clay and polish my car using a porter cable. The porter cable is something I haven't used before but read a few tips such as placing about a pound of pressure and start it and turn it off on the paint. My car is silver and I don't see very many fine scratches even when I hold up a light near the paint. So I'm thinking I need a mild polish, probably a one step thing, something easy and not too complicated. Which polish and pad do you recommend? Should I tape up my rubber trim before I polish? Are headlights and door handles ok to polish? I use zanio soap, detail spray, clay bar, and their very soft towels. And I use optimum spray wax.
Thanks