View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

I've been in a relationship for 7 years (ouch!), and while it's certainly not perfect...it's "okay". She takes care of her domestic responsibilities just fine, cleans, laundry, etc (I do the cooking because I enjoy it). She's not a 10 on my attractive scale, but she's still very attractive to me (in the 7's, I guess). I'm lucky if I rate that high on her scale, haha. We both have decent jobs

We've been engaged twice, but I've called it off both times due to me feeling that once she has the ring she sort of "gives up" on making our relationship better....like the engagement was a way of me saying everything is great, let's move on to the next step.

While her and I both admit that there's probably someone better out there for us, why should we risk the frustration and anger of having to deal with the possibility of finding people much worse instead?

I'm certainly not unhappy with our relationship, and neither is she. We both are sort of just "happy enough". The problem? She'd choose option 1 in this poll, and I would choose option 2 (for now).

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote