Thread: Newbie Planning
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
I have noticed a lot of FI support around here. How would I go about evaluating an exhaust system (i.e. what is the difference between the resonator choices on FI's systems?)?

F.I. comes in 2 sizes, 12" and 18". The resonator will help make it a Little quieter on the street. If your only planning on doing the CBE, Tony would say the 12" would be ok. If you're planning on doing Headers, HFC's, or RST's, he would probably say go with the 18" to counterract the noise coming from increased flow. He can ship it to you, or you can schedule a date to have it installed there. Whatever works for you. Just gotta talk to Tony and he'll get you set up with whatever you need.

The overwhelming support for the FI system seems to make it a no brainer with Stillen being the main competition (mostly because I'm slightly familiar with them).

There are other good ones out there depending on your taste/depth of your wallet. Berk, iNvidia, Mines, Top Secret, HKS, all have exhausts as well with various owner reviews. Just gotta make the search feature your friend on here. Or watch people's sig's and read who has what, and shoot them a PM for a one on one review.

The area that I feel like I most need help with at this point would be pulleys. I understand that with an exhaust, you select between brands/models based on sound, looks and power. With something unseen like pulleys that are hidden from view the majority of the time and relatively simple, how do you choose between the brands? Or are they all pretty much the same and you're just looking for the best deal you can find?

Thanks for the feedback guys!
There are 2 or 3 different brands of pulleys out around here now I believe. And all of the owners of each brand have done both DIY Installs and reviews, or had shop installs and reviews. So again, the search feature is your friend. Just check in the Tech area and read some of the different threads on UD Pulleys. Pulleys, as with any other thing you do with your car, should be treated as the most important part, and only the best will do for you. And that should encompass several things...

Quality/Reliability, Cost, Manufacturer Credibility, Any other people who have it and their thoughts, Hardness of the install, how much a shop would cost to install it. etc. etc. And when it comes to deals, this place is the best one to find them. Hands down.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote