View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
kailua
Base Member

Drives: 09 STI
kailua is on a distinguished road

Ok, I have 2000 miles on my 370Z now. It's been exactly 1 month since I have owned it. Temp in Oceanside is around 75 F in the afternoon and around 48 F in the evening and mornings.

I have notices that around town under normal, grandma style driving the oil temp is around 180 F. When I am driving aggressively or on the freeway it goes up to 220-240 F.

This is with driver only, no other passenger or loads in the back. Mine is a touring, sport, 6 spd.

Also, considering our tires are soft 140's I do notice that in the morning they are a bit lop-sided from sitting in the cold outside overnight. It usually takes about a mile of driving to warm the tires up and get them back into their proper shape.

The other thing I have noticed is that the shifter is a bit mechanical or grindy from 1-2 and 2-3 but this does not happen always. Sometimes very smooth other times it feels crunchy but not in a bad-way more of a very mechanical feel. I have noticed that this feels goes away when the ambient outside temp is above 80 F so it could just been that the gear oil is not viscous enough and needs time to warm up for it to feel proper.

On a side note, the engine I think is finally broken it and it feels way smoother than when I just got it. Average fuel economy is hovering between 20-22 mpg depending on how much city driving and aggressive driving there is in the mix. I know this is totally off subject, but I was on a roll from describing the oil temp.

Last edited by kailua; 03-31-2009 at 06:26 PM.