View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
shizzawha
Base Member

shizzawha is on a distinguished road
Default Z Rally Impressions

Alright guys, I had the pleasure of attending the Z Rally gathering at the Nissan North American Headquarters in Franklin, TN. I, unfortunately, haven't been home to upload the pictures yet, but they are on the way. I thought I'd share some updated info I gathered while I was there. First off the car looks amazing in person. I was told by the group of marketing managers that were there and they assured me the car would be at the dealers by January 2nd. I'm not sure if that is the same for you non Nashville drivers, but it was promised for the dealers around here. Also, the trunk area is noticably bigger. I did not have a tape measurer on hand, but the area is larger. The gas hatch release button is no longer there, you just push in the door and it pops open. I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with the keyless/key fobless entry on vehicles, but there's actually a button below the door handle you push to unlock/lock the vehicle (as long as you have the keyfob in your pocket). My only experience has been with my IS350 and theres actually a sensor on the handle that senses your touch to unlock. The keyfob is the same as the Maximas. I had the pleasure of starting the vehicle up and the push button start works wonderfully. For the 6 speeds you need to have in in neutral and you need to have the clutch pressed. The gauge sweep on startup is nice (i got a video for you guys). The exhaust is a little more tamed than the current, but still sounds good. The interior is solid and very well done. There is an actual Ipod connect in the center console opening for the Ipod interface with the Nav system. On the non nav systems there is a aux in on the face of the player. I unfortunately did not get to mess with the nav system. Apparently the guy who had the keys for the loaded Z was out to lunch. If there is anything anyone would like to know, feel free to ask.
shizzawha is offline   Reply With Quote