View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #86 (permalink)
JACKPAC
Track Member

Drives: MB 370z
JACKPAC has a spectacular aura aboutJACKPAC has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
The head unit has a pre output that goes to the bose amp. When you take your stock bose head unit amp you need a adapter that can plu into your pre outs and than connect to the harness that goes to the bose amp. Some say well I will jsut bypass the amp. But it is not that simple the bose speakers are 2 ohms so you would blow your new head units built in amp if you hook them up to it. Because the head unit can only support 4 ohm speakers. That is why as of right now if you want to change anything in the bose system you have to change it all. Also even if you did just change the head unit with an adapter the bose system will still analyze and fade out the frequency that it thinks will distort the speakers. Even if you change those speakers to aftermarket the system still thinks they are bose.
Is this true? The reason I ask is because this BOSE system is very similar (in design and in terrible sound) as in my old RSX type S. Both had a 6 in-dash setup with front components and rear fill. They both even have the crappy sub in the spare set-up. I changed my old BOSE HU with an Alpine deck years ago and never had any problems. If you go to the RSX version of the370z.com you will find hundreds, if not thousands of people who have done the same over the last 8 years. I also bypassed the BOSE amp (under the passenger seat) as it sometimes was known to cause a high-pitched noise which corresponded to RPM's if you didn't. Any thoughts on this?
JACKPAC is offline   Reply With Quote