View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
GTRFAN
Track Member

Drives: 370z Titanium 6MT
GTRFAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
I hope Nissan comes out with another straight six - an improved version of the RB26. Maybe something like the RB30 block from Australia with the RB26 heads for an amazing 3.0l turbo charged motor.

V8s are dying. Emissions will kill them and turbo chargers will be the last hold out for huge power as emisson restrictions continue. Then electric cars will take over once a suitable cost effective power storage solution is found. Electric cars will blow the doors off the combustion engines and take traction control to an all new level with powered AWD. No need for a differential. Its going to be the next level of automotive technology. Tuning your car will come down to software and how much current you want to draw from your power source and the capability of your ESC (electronic speed controller). Many will fear the change but its going to be crazy....

One of the reasons Nissan use a straight six is because it's buttery smooth and can rev to 10k. All "V" motors will have some sort of vibration as they are not naturally balanced. The older RB series engines currently make a lot more power than the VR38 in the R35 GTR.

Moving on...I would like to see either a new turbo straight six with around 4 liters like the Australian Ford F6 or a decent V10 twin turbo with a short stroke that suits boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown82 View Post
if your were going to go to all that trouble then just put in a 454
That's such an American comment! haha Bigger is not always better.

The weight of the engine is a major factor as well, so big heavy V8's are not an option as they upset the balance of a small car like the Z.

Jeremy Clarkson once said running a V8 is like having a dead cow on your hood! haha

Last edited by GTRFAN; 04-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.
GTRFAN is offline   Reply With Quote