View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

With a total of more than 26 lbs of ROTATING and UN-SPRUNG weight being shed with these RA rotors.... If you calculate the ratio of all that rotating weight at the brake rotor axis, It is about the equivalent of at least 200 lbs of static weight removed from your car.
Just another example of rotating weight, most 18-19" wheels are about a 10 to 1 ratio of rotating weight vs static weight difference.... So theoretically the rule of thumb has always been if you can shed only 3 lbs off of each wheel (by getting lighter wheels, etc) this would be like removing 120 lbs of (static) weight from your car. 3 lbs X4 wheels x 10= 120 lbs!!

So I assure you that anyone's car that uses these rotors vs the OEM ones... their car will speed up faster, slow down faster, corner faster, and flat out respond better just like if you removed 200 lbs of regular (static) weight from the car. Not to mention there would be less wear and tear on all the cars suspension, steering, and braking components, since it is making less work for the car to carry around, and right where the weight matters to the car the most.
Rotating weight savings has always been the most important and effective weight you can remove on your car.
Hell, I am sure some people in here can testify that when they went to a lighter wheel or even a lighter flywheel, their car felt more responsive, right? Same thing here. I mean most people can definitely notice their car is noticeably more responsive when they are by themselves in it compared to when they have the weight of a passenger, correct??

We did some tests a while ago at a race track where I would run a few consistent laps with a passenger (about 130 lbs) and then run the same laps back to back without the passenger, and then repeat the process again and again for consistency. The results were always almost 2 seconds faster consistently on a track that took about 1 min 19.2 seconds with the passenger and 1 min 17.4 seconds without that passenger. So I hope you see the example I am trying to demonstrate on the weight and its effect on your car.