View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
Those look mighty nice. would you guys ship to belgium?
Sure, as long as you cover shipping we will ship them anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
wow these rotors kick ***!

1) can you confirm that the OEM rotors weigh 30lbs (weight savings of 11lbs/corner)
2) I have heard floating 2-piece rotors can rattle and be noisy...do the RA rotors have this issue?
Yes, we have confirmed (and several others have confirmed) that the front OEM rotors weigh about 29+ lbs each. Our two piece fronts weigh in just at about 19 lbs each, for a weight savings of about 10 lbs each front or about 20 lbs of rotating un-sprung weight in just the front alone. Now, with our thicker rear rotor that is rotationally and directionally pillar veined for better heat dissipation and longer life is still about 3+ lbs lighter than the OEM rears.

And to answer the question..... Actually, these rotors are surprisingly more quiet than I anticipated. They do actually make a slight rattling noise when going over some very sharp bumps at slow speeds (like rail road tracks, cracks in concrete, etc.), but it isn't too bad at all compared to any other floating rotors I have seen. Once you know what the noise is and are used to it, most people hardly notice it all after too long. We have had them on a few cars now and everyone has said that they are very quiet and the rattling isn't too bad with street and track use. Another noticeable point is that the harder track/performance pads tend to always be more prone to break squeal, but so far on these rotors even they are very quiet. That wasn't necessarily our goal, but a cool added bonus, LOL

Last edited by Scott @ RA; 04-20-2010 at 03:37 AM.