View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

I'm of the belief that engines need a mixture of driving for a good break-in. So yes, I stomped on the throttle once in a while just didn't take it all the way to redline, about 6-6.5K. It is said that highway cruising at constant RPM is one of the worst things you can do. This is all speculation however, there isn't much evidence to say which procedure is best and how long the break-in period should be.

I'm moderately easy on the brakes at first but now that everything is settled I will probably follow the standard bed-in procedure.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote