Thread: Newbie Planning
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
hfrog355
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
hfrog355 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Planning

Hello forum. It's nice to be here. I hope this post is in the right place, let me know if I need to move/cross-post it.

I bought my 370Z 2 weeks ago. This is my first sports car to own and suffice to say, I am thrilled with it. The Z is a monster. That being said, I can't resist wanting to make some simple mods to it in an effort to make it stand out a little bit from the crowd, but I'm unsure about where to start and what direction to take the thing. I'm not racing or competing with it, so I don't want to spend a fortune (i.e. stay away from exotic paint and forced induction for the time being) - I just want to make it stand out a little bit and be a little ahead of stock in terms of performance.

Starting point:
- 2009 370Z Touring
- Automatic transmission
- Black on Black leather
- This is my daily driver, so nothing that's going to severely jeopardize reliability or keep it out of commission for install for more than a few days.

Here are my thoughts:
1. 3M paint shield of some sort - I've read a bit about (and confirmed for myself) the wicked thin paint on these things. I think this is just a good investment.
2. Headlights - I have found the work of 180 Custom (if you're reading this, I sent you an email, but haven't heard anything back yet) on here somewhere and love the way it looks. I'm thinking matte black out the whole lights. Any other color suggestions?
3. Exhaust - fairly simple and quick modification that will change my sound a bit and provide a slight boost in performance.
4. Intake - I'm looking at the Stillen Ultra Long tubes for this.

That's what I'm planning right now, but I'd love to hear other's thoughts about their customizations/project planning.

What other things should I consider doing on this car?
What products/brands would you suggest for some of these parts?

Thanks for your input and I look forward to hanging out around here.
hfrog355 is offline   Reply With Quote