View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extinguisher bracket

CAMS sanctioned events only require a 1kg extinguisher and they can be had from your local Revolution Racegear outlet (including the required metal carrier you need to bolt to the car). I fabricated a further bracket out of 3mm x 25mm steel strip and a couple of 40mm long 8mm bolts and washers to space it correctly and then remvoed the 2 front seat runner bolts and fixed my bracket to which I'd bolted the extniguisher cradle using slightly longer bolts into the seat runner holes.

If you are in Melbourne, I can make one for you if you wish - takes all of 15 minutes to fit .

Can't do it this weekend as I am competing at Philip Island, but maybe the following weekend - let me know if you are in Melb - if not, I can stick the bits into a padded post bag and mail them to you ... send me details in PM if you'd like to proceed

RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardingnath View Post
Anyone got a 2kg extinguisher in their car or know a good spot for one?

Last edited by BGTV8; 04-13-2010 at 05:32 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote