View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
BLUE KOMODO
Base Member

Drives: 370Z/PATHFINDER/STI
BLUE KOMODO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
You obviously weren't around last spring & summer. Most, if not all factory orders for this car (the 370Z) were three month waits. Twelve weeks was the minimum wait time for a factory order, period. As I mentioned earlier, some waited much longer (in excess of 18 weeks).

This year "may" be different. But the wait times for factory orders from Japan are still pretty long. I'm not complaining (many others did and loudly). I knew going in (from a well informed salesman) that the wait would be around 12 weeks. I think a lot of people got very "uptight" about sales people who promised something that was unachievable (the 6 to 8 week window).

So if you're promising that length of time, don't be surprised if people come down on you very hard when that window is compromised. A little due diligence goes a long way (on both sides of a transaction). Also remember, this is not a heavy production sub-compact. It is a pretty limited production sports car. (Again adding to the wait times.)
Yeah, I was around, that was last year, PRE production. of course there was a wait for a brand new model that had not yet entered production.

I just delivered a factory order 370 in 8 weeks, which is how I know that it is possible. Do some people wait longer? Certainly, but as I said before, it depends on the stage of production, and the allocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
Not a very professional reply. People cannot determine "tone" in print, so it would have worked to your benefit to be kind and clear with your answers..

I see you're from Airport nissan.. care to comment on this?
Car dealership workers accused of $1.71M fraud - thestar.com

Buyers beware when dealing with shady dealerships..
Whether you believe it to be professional or not, the question is valid. Given the circumstances, my response was both kind, and clear in my opinion.

That had nothing to do with me, which the article clearly states. Those people have been fired, and are being prosecuted. Everyone that was involved was aware of what was happening, no buyers were taken advantage of, they were paid for the use of their information.

Here is clear tone for you: It's pretty ignorant to make blanket statments about an organization, based on past actions of 3 terminated employees.

Our dealership is number one in the GTA for client satisfaction. There is nothing shady about that.

Last edited by BLUE KOMODO; 04-13-2010 at 03:48 PM.