View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
LateralG'z
Track Member

Drives: 370z
LateralG'z is on a distinguished road

I am planning on doing my suspension next. I am pretty sure you will need a camber kit if you lower the car. It usually gives the tires a fairly aggressive camber and the basic adjustments may not be enough to set it back so you wont burn up the tires fast. I would actually check with somebody who actually knows if springs will be an issue. I just know I will need them for my suspension change. I use Fail Safe Performance here in Tulsa. I am really happy and would recommend them to you. I have seen his car and a couple of other people Z's he has done and it is very professional and the shop is really clean. We just did and oil cooler, exhaust etc... and I was there the whole time. He took his time and went above what I expected by adding rubbing protection to my intakes etc... He also looked at the GTM kit he order and he recommended we ditched the lines and we made much better lines ourselves so I have the piece of mind that they will not blow apart like some of the other accidents that have been reported on the forum. He was very considerate of my annoying tendencies to be watching and adding my input to the car. I will be posting some of the work soon. He also gave me great competitive pricing.

Failsafe Performance

I bought them slightly used ($2000)so I got a great deal on the exhaust. It is really expensive $3500 but I am loving the sound right now and it appears to help with the power to me but I may be lying to myself to make myself justify the spending. I don't really know though and we are going to dyno the car this week so I will be able to give some actual information about the exhaust and performance. I love the sound and the video clips really don't do any justice. I would actually pay full retail for these just because the way they make the car sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rider View Post
Nice sound. What is a ball park price for an exhaust like that? How many HP do you think it will net?

Have you lowered the car? I'm in Oklahoma City and I'm new to the Z scene. I'm considering something simple like lower springs, but I don't know who I can trust to get the car aligned. Any thoughts? Will I need additional suspension components to correct the camber? I don't care about aggressive camber because I'm just driving around town and I want my tires to last.