View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
craniac24
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PG Roadster
craniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond reputecraniac24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to craniac24
Default I think I regret putting in Eibach Springs. Opinions please! *Pics*

So yesterday I got my Eibach springs installed along with an intake/exhaust. When I was planning my mods, I read that Eibach achieves a .8" drop in the front and .9" in the rear, which I thought would have been perfect. Unfortunately, when i picked up my car, the drop looked lower than I pictured it in my mind. Disappointed and confused, I went to Eibach's website, and sure enough, their springs give a .8"/.9" drop for the coupe. However, when I looked at the drop for the roadster, it claimed a 1.2" drop for both front and rear! I looked to make sure that it was the same part number...it was.

This is confusing. I would assume that the stock springs for the coupe and roadster are identical. But if that were the case, why would the Eibach Springs drop the car almost a half inch more on the roadster??

Anyway...here are some pics. Sorry for the crappy camera phone. I was really looking for a very subtle drop, but I think I overdid it. Tell me I didn't make a mistake! Actually...don't do that. Tell me the truth. I don't mind spending the money to put the stock springs back in if it would make the car look better.

Final note: I am putting spacers on the car and putting on a rear camber kit. Maybe that might make the overall appearance look like a more subtle drop...who knows.

Looking forward to your opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg morespring1.jpg (549.9 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg morespring2.jpg (392.9 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg morespring3.jpg (358.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg morespring4.jpg (388.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg moresprings5.jpg (423.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg moresprings6.jpg (365.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg springs1.jpg (519.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg springs3.jpg (480.9 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by craniac24; 04-11-2010 at 02:05 PM.
craniac24 is offline   Reply With Quote