View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wheel Comparison, your thoughts please

So When i take delivery of my next month i have a couple of things i want to get done (clearbra backup cam/tinted taisl etc). However as far as wheels are concerned i have a few questions. My initial plan was to just keep the rays sport wheels and then get a set of 18's with blizaks, come winter time. However, seeing all these mesh wheels around i know that they are something i'd eventually want to replace my rays (19's). That being said, should i just order new wheels right away, and then sell the rays as "new" or just wait a year or so and then get a new set and sell rays then. If i keep the rays i'd probably want to get that wheel insurance b.s. from the dealer just for piece of mind. Your opinion on this matter would be helpful.

Another question i have is what you think of these wheels. I want a Mesh wheel, and i want to stay at 19x10 in the back, but it doesn't look like i can with any ones i see so it has to be 19x9.5, will this be a problem with using the stock sport tires/will it affect handling.

In terms of the actual wheels i'd want i am thinking the Volk SF winnings, The Axis Penta or the TSW snetterton, but considering the volks are over twice as expensive, they are probably out of the question.

Volk SF Winning:

Axis Penta:

TSW Snetterton:

Now, when it comes to quality, what am i sacrificing when it comes to the less expensive wheels. should i go AXIS or TSW. are these wheels half the quality of the Volks? does any one have any experience with these two other wheels/brands? any advice would be appreciated!
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote