View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-370z View Post
thanks for the speedy replies,

so been doing some more research, tony says the wouldn't do CAI and just do drop in air filters, will I see a large gain if i do just the filters? I want my mods to be functional and I like the idea of installing it myself so thats why i'm leaning towards the CAI because it seems fun to install and gains have been proven. why do some people feel that it is not a useful mod though? are the gains minimal if one frees up restriction by adding a cbe?
The drop ins will help with throttle response some but not much in power, maybe 2-4 hp/tq. The stock CAI is only 8-10 degrees above ambient temps, which is about what the long tube intakes do. The long tube intakes widen the MAF section to lean the car out and that is where they get most of their gains. The stock CAI with drop ins also flow 240+ G/S, not sure what the long tube CAIs do.