View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #67 (permalink)
azn370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: z34 - R1
azn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond repute

Ok today I installed my hr springs myself. I started at 11 and finished around 10pm because I had a shop switch out the springs for me but the spring wasn't aligned good enough with the lower part that the bolt goes through. So after I loosened all the bolts and nuts and took out the passenger strut I had to quickly put everything back together and go back to the shop before they closed. But the front and rear only took me a total of 4 hrs, not including the downtime.

It's quite like oem, which it is, minus the springs. The ride is nice, I can't really tell the difference between the hr and from my bc. I had the bc set really stiff and on the bumpiest parts of the highway the car would shake like crazy. But 90% of the time the ride was fairly smooth. I didn't take any corners too fast, can't tell just yet if they handle as well as the bc.

The front amazingly was the same height that I had the bc at, don't know if the springs will settle, probably not. The rear were a bit higher than my bc, maybe 1/4 higher. I actually like the rear to be higher than the front, but if I could choose I would have the rears a bit lower. I don't think the springs will settle, I took a look and the dead springs were completely compressed. Overall I like the hr springs.