View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write up your post but I don't see how it answered my question lool
It wasn't an answer to your question. I too would like to know why this VVEL thing needs to be 'cracked'. If I understand this VVEL stuff, it gives fuel economy while cruising and power when you step on it. Seems simple - intake valves open sooner i.e. longer duration with a higher lift and the timing is advanced accordingly for power when you get on the throttle . In cruise, for fuel economy, the timing is retarded, valve lift is reduced and begins later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Your tuner, as you stated, adjusted timing and fuel delivery to produce good gains in HP. Did he mention anything about cracking the VVEL 'secret'?
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote