View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
jamcro
Base Member

Drives: White 370Z
jamcro is on a distinguished road

What I'm about to say is purely my own assumptions / deductions... so take it for what it's worth.

The U.S./Japan market was the first to get their Z's produced, while the rest of the world had to wait. I'm assuming they've now produced their initial target quota for the U.S. market, and they've moved on to producing for other international markets.

I'm in Canada.. and I've placed my order with the dealership. I'm told that Nissan is producing Canadian Z's right now, however my specific one (White MT with sport + nav) is slated to come off the production line late May/Early June. I'm assuming they tool up to produce one type of car straight for a period of time, and then switch to a different package configuration and pump dozens (hundreds?) more out.

Keep in mind that different countries have different safety regulations, and options, so they're not going to mix U.S. production in with initial production of international orders. I'm sure once they've achieved inventory that satisfies all of the international markets, that they would once again produce for the U.S. ... but who knows... maybe it'd be time for the 2010 model by that time!

So to sum it up... your sales rep just might be telling the truth this time... That's my guess.
jamcro is offline   Reply With Quote