Thread: RhinoRamps 8000
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the service manual, the drain plug appears to be on the side. I was planning to lift the car up both front and rear and set it on jack stands. These ramps look more convenient, but I don't want to leave old oil undrained, hence my question. Too bad the drain isn't facing rearwards. Thanks for answering!

Edit: I forgot to add -- I thought about using an evacuator to suck the oil out from the top, but I'm replacing my drain plug with a magnetic one, and the whole point of those is for the magnet to catch any metallic debris not caught by the filter. Point being, it'd kinda defeat the purpose if I never removed the plug and cleaned it off, so I may was well drain the oil the old-fashioned way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3-30-2009-10.27.39 AM.jpg (73.1 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by semtex; 03-30-2009 at 09:33 AM.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote