View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paskii
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z A7
Paskii is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I actually just imported a 2009 370z from the United States. It's being imported right now but I taken care most of the paper work, should arrive in 10 days or so. The process was a bit scary and time consuming, however the cost difference was so big I decided to go for it.

Some facts you may want to be aware of
1. Duty Tax 6.1%
2. G.S.T. calculation is based on price of car in USD covert into CND plus Duty amount plus air condition tax ($100) plus green levi tax (this tax are for high emission vehicles, don't worry 370z isnt one, its more like for Ferrari's)
3.If you don't import the car yourself in person you have to get a brokerage company to do the paper work for you. Which is what I did. Fees around $200 or so.
4. Buy your vehicle from a well known dealership, I bought mine from a pre-own Nissan dealership.
5. Ask for the recall letter
6. Don't bother to buy extended warranty because it's not honored in Canada.

So far my total cost is $38,500 CND and change, I still need to include the cost to install the day time running lights and vehicle inspection. Everything else is paid for. That's pretty much it I hope. So for under 40K I got a 2009 370z. Below are the details

Model:Nissan 370z touring with sport package
Color: Monterrey Blue (Different name in Canada not sure if its exactly the same color but its $300 option)
Transmission: Automatic
Option: Navigation package, floor mats, trunk mat
Mileage: 5000 miles (8000 km)

Let me know if you guys have questions. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Paskii; 04-10-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Paskii is offline   Reply With Quote