View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer
Default Irritated with dealer, what would you do?

OK I admit, I am a little anal about my brand new Z. But this just irritates me to no avail. Careless people working on your car doing small damage while removing parts,etc. Now the damage might not be serious, but still it's not right. I have had this happen numerous times in my life with all my cars. They remove a plastic panel and break off the clips, snaps or break or crack the plastic. They scratch a plastic panel, the paint, a wheel, etc. I know this can easily happen but if you are careful you can avoid a lot of it. And if they do it, should they be held accountable?

In my latest problem, it's not a huge deal but my car is 2 months old and it just irritates me. I am not sure if I should tell them about it and have them fix it or not. I mean, if I did it myself I would just live with it, but I didn't and it's under warrantee!

The dealer removed the passenger side cowel and in the process broke off a hard rubber stud on the A pillar rubber that attached to the cowel. Not a big deal but today while looking it over again, the A pillar (painted part near the bottom near cowel) is quite loose because of it. I guess that one stud kept it more secure. Now I know I can just use some double sided tape or glue or ___ but should I? I looked up the parts online to see what all would need to be replaced and it seems the whole outside painted A pillar. $333.00 online.

Worth it? I know if I went in there with this story they would probably think I am just nuts...

Last edited by tjlazer; 04-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote