View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
motorking
Base Member

Drives: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
motorking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZ View Post
Stay away from Fram. I'll stop there.
So tell us why Mr. Amsoil dealer? Tell all of us how the amsoil filter stacks up to the Fram Extended Guard filter in efficiency, capacity, construction and retail price? If you need help, I can tell them, you have a lower filtering efficiency, lower dirt trapping capacity, a retail price that is 30-50% higher, a piece of perforated plastic holding up the media.

Our efficiency is a little higher, the ability to trap and hold dirt exceeds the amsoil filter by 3 grams, we use a stainless steel screen to support the filter media, your filter uses flimsy plastic.

As far as the "study" you all keep referring to, there is no part of that study where the guy actually tests the filters for well, Filtration!. He is a fan of old mopar K cars cutting open filters and offering a very unqualified opinion, nothing more. There is no part of the study where he tests filtering efficiency or capacity.

To the poster, if you want to try a state of the art extended life oil filter, email you address to me at Jay.Buckley@honeywell.com and I will send you a case of them.
motorking is offline   Reply With Quote