View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
nicknick
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mazda mx5 2007 6sp m
nicknick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-WHIZ View Post
I'm getting very close to just selling my 370. I love everything about the car, but the paint issue is just driving me crazy. I did a full detail about 2 months ago and it did help minimize some of the scratches, but I can't remove them fully. There are rampant water spots that won't come off, tiny annoying chips, among other things. Everyone told me I was too OCD for a black car and I should have listened. Problem is I don't know if things would be betteror worse with a different color. As Ive heard paint issue stories for all colors. What really put me over the top was when I was wiping a spot on the trunk with a brand new microfiber towel and it put several scratches in the paint that I can't buff out!

Sorry to vent guys and it breaks my heart to do it, but I think I might have to get rid of her.
Mate you chose black. learn how to wash properley, wax/seal properley and do not drive close to cars in front of you. At 100km/h you should be approx 50 metres behind the car in front of you to minimise chips. Choosing silver or grey would have been better.

Due to EPA etc cars paint has changed not just the Zed, stop whining. Go to Autopia website to learn correct washing/waxing techniques.
nicknick is offline   Reply With Quote