View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
djohnson1967
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
djohnson1967 is on a distinguished road
Default Oil Cooler with Stillen G3 CAI?

Hello: This topic may have been covered, but I am a newbie and I can't find the exact topic on a search. First, I am seriously thinking of getting an oil cooler kit, as I live in Tucson and will likely take the car to the track a few times per year. I have had the car a week, the temperature has not even been over 85 degrees yet, and my oil temps run just north of 220 already. The car is a week old and I am still breaking it in, so I haven't even driven it hard at all yet.

So, for an oil cooler kit choice I am looking at the NISMO, Stillen or one from Z1 Motorsports. The NISMO is nice and big and I like that it comes with at at some sort of endorsement from Nissan, but it is expensive. I have read good things about the Stillen kit on this site. Left on my own, I would probably lean toward the Z1 kit. They offer it with different sized cores and the biggest 34 row core seems to be the exact same one offered in the NISMO kit but at a much lower price. Anyone have any experience with Z1?

If I install the Z1 34 row kit (and I assume the NISMO kit too), their website says that the Stillen G3 Cold Air Intake kit can not be installed without finding a different location for the oil cooler. Since I am also considering getting the Stillen CAI, I was wondering if anyone else has combined a big oil cooler with the G3 and where did the cooler go and what did you think of that combination?

Thanks. It is a great forum.
djohnson1967 is offline   Reply With Quote