View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
The only thing really is the fuel sending unit, I don't believe there is a trouble shoot for it. You may try to have the dealer reset your ecu. But the recall is due to people running out of gas and showing a 1/4 or more gas on the gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The fuel level sensor is a simple float. Now I don't know that the sensor is the issue...but I can bend a float (like a toilet). But, I'm reluctant to do it since a misadjustment can cause bigger problems rather than fix'em. If it continues, I'll have to relegate the car to the dealer or just use a plumb line to judge my fuel tank level .
It happened on my G35 back in 2008, gauge showed 1/4 tank but engine started spluttering and I realized I was out of fuel when the trip computer showed I had done almost 500 miles. They said the float arm was bent causing it to get stuck in that position.