View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
eksigned
Base Member

Drives: G37S
eksigned is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I drive dealer trades for our local Nissan Dealer. I am 67 years old and have done this type of spare time work since my retirement 7 years ago. As you can see I currently own a 370 and owned a 350 since August of 02. Myself and several other "Ole Timers" do this type of work and don't expect to make a living doing so. But the Dealers still do pay us. They in turn must recoup their expenses to send us after your car. That includes our salaries, food, gas, tolls (if they apply) and any other expense that may result in obtaining your car for you. We not only drive them back but we also will pull trailers (only those of us that have experience) to get your car. Since traffic tickets can mean the lose of our jobs, we only drive at posted highway speeds. We are held responsible for any damage to your car and are expected to pay the insurance deductible (in our case that's $1000). So you can see that we drive them very safe. We don't take any chances or speed. So its safe to say that having a dealer do a "Dealer Trade" for your new "Z" is a quick and easy way for you to get the car of your choice quickly and safely............

MS,

Thank you very much for your post. You've set me at ease. I used to work for Acura of Bellevue in high school. Lot attendants were sent to Oregon, etc. to fetch cars and drive them back. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single car that I went to fetch, but I heard stories. What's the dealer to know about something they don't know of? Nissan actually mentioned the "old timers" part, but in all honesty, I just thought they were full of it! Thank you MS.

Eric
eksigned is offline   Reply With Quote