View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The V-6 versions of those cars are much cheaper than the base Z. The price of those performance models are [gasp] the same price as the Z's performance model.

The "leagues" aren't as different as you think.
Just in case anyone is confused? I didn't write this post to compare the camaro to the Z. On the contrary this review should be the clarification that a camaro is a totally different breed from the Z and the two shouldn't be compared unless you are the type who is torn between. True sports and grand touring-sports.
My G37s coupe is more comparable so I made some comparisons there. Price vs quality was a comparison and performance for price. The G won the first, camaro won slightly on the latter. (Only due to extremely powerful engine)

The Z... when I think of her. Its like porsche cayman territory. I know nobody would compare a porsche cayman to a camaro. But IMO, a Z is a poor mans porsche cayman. So I compare them to together.
Muscle cars are a different breed that have an awkward place in society. Even amongst other GT cars. Refined mobiles such as the 135,335,G37,Rx8 and even the genesis coupe have such a different character from let's say the camaro, mustang and challenger.
The breed is different so what I tried to achieve was write a review of realistic expectations from a enthusiasts perspective.

By nature I love the Z and G. I bought my 09 G in november and will have my Z by my bday. The camaro is just a car that many put pre-concieved notions on. My test drive wasn't satisfying. So I rented one for the weekend.
One person wanted the Z owner perspective from my review by saying "halfway through your post I realized you don't own a Z, so I found it harder to relate" if I wrote a review about a camaro from the Z owners perspective? That would contractict my headline. UNBIASED REVIEW.

Either way. I hope you guys enjoyed the review.

Signing off

UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote