View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still a little worried about the engine. after looking through the FSM i found out that all of our oil flows through the filter/cooler BEFORE lubricating the engine, which is what i thought but i wasn't sure. So if you blow a fitting on the oil cooler NO oil pressure will be in the engine. The only thing that may have saved it was it being cold enough that the cooler was still in bypass and the slight resistance of the -8 an fitting may have made some of the oil go through the bypass in the plate and reach the engine.

I talked with Sam for a minute before going to work and GTM is willing to rectify the situation just have to sit down and hash it all out. I will be keeping the kit but I am going to look into getting some hard-line and fittings for most of it and seeing if i can get some nice 3000psi high temp hydraulic line for a flexible section before going into the sandwich plate with crimped ends so i never have to worry about this crap ever again.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote