View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-WHIZ View Post
I'm getting very close to just selling my 370. I love everything about the car, but the paint issue is just driving me crazy. I did a full detail about 2 months ago and it did help minimize some of the scratches, but I can't remove them fully. There are rampant water spots that won't come off, tiny annoying chips, among other things. Everyone told me I was too OCD for a black car and I should have listened. Problem is I don't know if things would be betteror worse with a different color. As Ive heard paint issue stories for all colors. What really put me over the top was when I was wiping a spot on the trunk with a brand new microfiber towel and it put several scratches in the paint that I can't buff out!

Sorry to vent guys and it breaks my heart to do it, but I think I might have to get rid of her.
I hear ya, I had a 2006 G35 a few years ago that had horrible swirls but what I have found is that you have to be incredibly careful with black cars that aren't a BMW, Mercedes, etc...(I know there are exceptions). My Range Rover is black and has held up like a champ, but I know I have to treat the Nissan with a lot more care to keep it looking good.

I'm pretty OCD about that stuff as well, but if you love the car you shouldn't let something like that keep you down. Trade it for a white one if you don't want to worry about the paint. The car I traded for the Z ('08 Altima) was white and I took it through regular carwashes all the time and it looked the same 2 years later as the day I bought it.