View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
gumpy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z white manual
gumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-WHIZ View Post
I'm getting very close to just selling my 370. I love everything about the car, but the paint issue is just driving me crazy. I did a full detail about 2 months ago and it did help minimize some of the scratches, but I can't remove them fully. There are rampant water spots that won't come off, tiny annoying chips, among other things. Everyone told me I was too OCD for a black car and I should have listened. Problem is I don't know if things would be betteror worse with a different color. As Ive heard paint issue stories for all colors. What really put me over the top was when I was wiping a spot on the trunk with a brand new microfiber towel and it put several scratches in the paint that I can't buff out!

Sorry to vent guys and it breaks my heart to do it, but I think I might have to get rid of her.
If you like everything about the car except the paint, get it resprayed to a nice new colour of your choosing... a custom one would be good, and get the car fully wrapped in that clear bra stuff...
gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote