View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
rsximus
Base Member

Drives: 2007 335i, 2009 370Z
rsximus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Did you remove anything that deals with the steering sensor? I have the same lights and the guy did remove some piece that is part of the steering sensor or whatever and now I have to get the sensor reset by Nissan and thier diag device. I tried the battery thing a few times and that didnt work. Looks like anytime you remove a sensor you should have the battery disconnected.
Zsteve, I was able to do the install without messing with the steering shaft or sensors. I know it's tight on the driver side but you can put a socket in there without disconnecting it. Same thing with my BMW 335i, when I replaced my steering wheel with an upgraded M-tech unit, I made sure to disconnect the battery and not mess with the steering position, it will throw it off the steering angle sensor and you'll get the VSC error ect. like many people have had.

Anyways, the problem is fixed now. I just had to disconnect the battery and reset the ECU again and all lights went away. Going on 4 days and 400 miles now with no CEL/SES light.
rsximus is offline   Reply With Quote