View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandaleigh View Post
I installed Berk HFC's over the weekend to a Nismo exhaust and have some bigtime hissing/resonance going on. It's pretty loud, especially when the exhaust is cold, but gets a bit better as it heats up. WOT it's still very prominent though... plenty of clearance all around but it sure sounds like its almost metal on metal at mid-full throttle, could it be coming from the flex pipes? I had the exact same sound with my 350Z and Nismo exhaust too... althought not as loud now. Kinda a drag because the exhaust sound is very nice, just seems there are some angry King Cobra's under there somewhere lol.
Well I don think I have any flex pipes now as the exhaust is all aftermarket. And the Hiss is just part of the game when you open up the exhaust and allow things to flow freely, plus the aftermarket parts arent as thick as stock, thats how they save weight, so the sounds come thru more. Its a give and take situation, if you want the power you have to take the noise too. If I go SC or final gear change I may go back to stock as the few HP wont really matter much then but for now Im sticking to them till they start to sound too raspy.