View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
RedNismo
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo Z #389 RD
RedNismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsximus View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that man.

I got f*cked by Universal City Nissan, in Los Angeles, CA too. I won't go into much detail about that, it will just get me too pissed off.

This is my first Nissan and the whole buying experience was a total nightmare, my last new car purchase was a BMW and the process was straight forward, no lies, no mixup ect. Very professional. Basically if you google top 10 dealer scams, pretty much Universal Nissan tried probably all of them out on me. I think i'm going through Costco the next time I buy a Nissan, even if I pay more..
You got scrxwed by Universal Nissan, I am getting scrxwed by Glendale Nissan, which is owned by the same scums. I bought a red 09' Nismo through internet sales. The negotiation and the sales process was very good. I know I could've worked them down $500 more on the price. But it wasn't worth my time. So I finally got it for $250 below invoice. The problem started the next day. I found the usual paint cracks near panel lines which is common on Nismos. The driver side floor panel cover was loose. And worst of all, the are really bad swirl marks all over the car. The dealership used a rotary buffer and f'd up my paint. So I went back right away and complained. They fixed the floor panel. I had to wait 3 weeks touch up paint for the paint chips to arrive. So finally they fixed the paint chips. They wanted to remove the swirl marks by polishing it again. I was like "not no, but hell no". So they approved for me to use my own detail person and reimburst me for the paint removal if I get an written estimate. I got an estimate different detail shops, and the cost was about $400. In the mist of complaining about the swirls (over a month), I found out they'd left the spring spacers from my front suspension. They should have been removed during sales. I was basically driving car for 500 miles without any front spring compression. So I wrote a complaint email with all the troubles I've had and forwarded it to the sales guy and asked him to forward it to the management. 2 weeks later, still no body contacted me. So I went into the dealership and complained again. The sales guy told me to write a letter and mail it to the General Manager. I wrote it. 2 weeks later, still no one contacted me. So I went in again and the sales guy told me to write to another general manager. So I told him no, and that he should get the manger to call me. I threatened to contact Nissan motors, and the better business bureau. Still took a week later before the executive assistant contacted me and offered me $100 and said no one charges $400 to remove swirls. So I threatened to tell the story to the whole entertainment industry which I belong to. Then she said she would get back to me. Now the service manager wants to look at my car next week. I know he is going to offer to take my car to their own body shop to fix the problem. The funny thing is that I've had a G35 coupe that this body shop repainted the bumper on. It looked like someone painted it in the garage. And they claim that's as good as factory paint.
2009 Nismo Z34 #389-- Clear Bra
RedNismo is offline   Reply With Quote