View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
Kev > not to stray too off topic but when you installed the Megans did you set any preload on the rear (not sure if this can be set on front too?). When you reached under the car and grabbed the rear spring could you rattle it or was it solid? How about with the rear jacked up? I can rattle the crap out of mine which leads me to believe the installer set zero preload = noisy rear springs.
I did the install using a lift and once on the ground there was no movement!
Most Coilovers have the helper springs but the Megans did not so front and rear were loose during install.
On the H&R springs the first three coils act as helper springs so even though out of the box they are the same height as the stock
springs, you'll still get that dropped ride height!