View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Agreed. The Stillen exhaust is what I have my eyes on myself, so i'll be VERY interested in seeing your results. Will you be using a Mustang dyno, also?
I'm using Dyno Dynamics (known as the 'heartbreaker dyno'). It reads slightly lower than Mustang, even. From the information I've been able to find just by researching on the net, if you take a Dyno Dynamics reading and multiply it by 1.18, that gives you an approximate equivalent DynoJet number. Mustang Dynos read lower than DynoJet, but higher than Dyno Dynamics, and have a DD multiplier of 1.115. So if you wanted to convert my current DD reading of 291.7 whp to an approximate Mustang equivalent, multiply by 1.115 for a reading of 325.25. Conversely, if you want to convert RCZ's current Mustang reading of 278 whp to a DD equivalent, multiply it by 0.9 for a reading of 250.2. Note that all these calculations are approximate because the conversion factors are non-linear (i.e., they change as you go up and down the HP scale). Personally, I find the 250.2 number suspect, as we ran bullitt5897's bone stock 370Z on the same DD dyno that we ran mine on, and his car came in with 256 whp. I find it inconceivable that RCZ's car would pull less whp on that same dyno when he has the G3 intakes. I think this all just goes to show what an inexact science this can be when comparing different cars on different dynos, so we would be well advised to take this all with a grain of salt.

There's more info in this thread if you're interested -> http://www.the370z.com/vq37vhr/2199-...alculator.html
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote