View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
citycat
Base Member

Drives: BMW 330ci (retired)
citycat is on a distinguished road

I'm 32 and was very clear up front about what and when I'm going to buy.

They basically wanted me to state that I was going to buy from them before they were going to let me drive a car. The sales guy and the sales manager were both extremely hesitant to allow any miles to be put on that car because it deters other people from buying it. I understand that, especially with so few 370s out there right now.

However, I'm coming from a different marque and have never had a chance to give a fair shake to a 370. The one I rode in up in Saginaw was a manual, which I suck at driving, so I rode in that one. Basically, I need to drive the 370 with an auto before I decide if I'm going to buy one at all. Without stronger intentions or a more sure sale, AA Nissan isn't going to let me drive the car. They haven't been rude, but they've been much less workable for my way of going about this than other dealers. That's fine - I just won't buy from them. I find it interesting that the car has been there for about 3 weeks now.

D*ck Scott sold the silver Touring AT that I saw a couple weeks ago. When I was there the battery on the car was dead so they wouldn't take it off the showroom floor. No telling if they'll let me behind the wheel of any more that they get in.
citycat is offline   Reply With Quote