View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
eksigned
Base Member

Drives: G37S
eksigned is on a distinguished road
Default Dilemma + Dealer Trading Fee?

Evening all,

New to the forums; you guys all seem like a pretty kewl bunch. Anyways, I'm currently in the process of trying to purchase a Z. Hoping to get some advise! This coming Sunday, I have plans to sell my current 2005 Acura TL A-Spec. Great car, but it's time to move on. Anyways, Robert was kind enough to get me a VPP# and all things have worked out well so far. However, my local dealer doesn't seem to have the color combo I'm interested in - PW, MB, or PG (6mt w/ Sport, Non-Navi). The 40th Ann is the only available color/package on their lot. It's a nice color, but I just don't care much for the purple hue and red leathered interior. They've offered to do a dealer swap, but are intent on charging me $200 to do so (or a couple of hundred more to truck it; has to be even further though); it would be driven from Oregon meaning I'd essentially be paying for someone else to put miles on my new car! Anyways, not a fan of the dealer swap. Anyways, looking a couple months out, our region has nothing. I've contacted Danny (dealership vendor/sponsor here) to try and see if I can fly down to get the right color combo, but being in Seattle...driving from Socal back to Seattle might be a little burdensome, especially during this season.

Any advise as to what I should/could do? I'm wondering if you can still apply VPP to factory orders? May be my last option...

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by eksigned; 04-06-2010 at 03:48 AM.
eksigned is offline   Reply With Quote