View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Vegitto-kun
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTAZEE View Post
If it's a sudden stop then obviously it's clutch in and stab the brakes. But a controlled stop should have you going through the gears. Here is an example; many years ago I was rear ended by a pick up truck while I was coming to a stop. I was slowing down but noticed the guy behind me was not. This all happened very quickly and if I had not been in the right gear it would have been much worse. When I noticed he wasn't stopping I quickly punched the throttle began to turn left on a side road. He still hit me but I was almost out of his way by then and had very little damage to my car. Had I been in a high gear there would have been no way I would have gotten out of his way and would have been sandwiched between him and the car in front of me. In that case I would have sustained injury and major vehicle damage. This is just one of many things over the years that experience has taught me that justifies having your vehicle in the right gear at all times.
Well if I am slowing down for a turn I always tend to go to second so. I should be fine if I have to slam the throttle
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote