View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #111 (permalink)
Musashi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z 6speed
Musashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond reputeMusashi has a reputation beyond repute

I experienced the same exact problem with oil temps at the track today as well. I'm a member of a local track and I usually take a different car but I wanted to try out the Z.

I had driven to philly one time before this and got stuck in traffic, noticed extreme oil temps. It's alarming especially when the ambient temperature is under 60 degrees and under normal driving conditions. Nissan Should make this right. In all of the sports cars I have owned an own I have NEVER had a problem with extreme oil temps.

I think it's inexcusable though that Nissan let the car go out with this sort of problem, for a 2 mile road course I could barely get 6 laps in before I ran into power reductions and oil temps pushing up to 300!!! I called the dealer to complain about it. Don't know how much everyone follows other cars but this happened with the BMW 335 when it came out and they did put oil coolers on the customers cars.

Also I can't hear the engine over the wind noise and frequently had to look at the tach to know where I was. Obviously will be putting on an exhaust and a real cold air intake, bc the engine compartment is way too hot.

The positive is the car handles pretty damn well for the money, just needs a few mods but I think owners need to bring it to the dealers and nissans attention about rising oil temps under NORMAL conditions!

Just my thoughts sorry for any grammar errors or my rant. Also disappointed bc my in car camera's angle sucked so no good footage for you guys but I just got the new motorsports one I'll mount for next time, and I promise some cool clips.....
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote