View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #900 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeto View Post
Thanks for the insight. i just mounted 285/255 RE-11's and I wasn't sure what tire pressures would be optimal. One question, wouldn't it be better to have a stiffer rear tire side wall with higher PSI to avoid rolling?
That all depends on how your car is setup. From the factory you have slightly more rear camber than front camber, and the rear can be adjusted to around -2.0 with stock suspension. It's typically the front that rolls the tire edge the most during cornering, it's the heaviest part of the car and experiences the most loading.

The pressures I quoted are if you have after-market sway bars installed with adjustable front camber. With stock sway bars there will be more body roll and you will need slightly higher pressures to compensate.