View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you really shift at 4000RPM? If so, that's the primary reason why your oil didn't heat up that much. I can bet you just an extra 1000RPM will get you an extra 5-10F in oil temp.

Also it sounds like you were running fast enough to have fun, but there is no way your stock brakes can hold through a whole 20 minute session at full speed (Lap time should be around 58-1:05 on the 370). Lime Rock is notorious hard on brakes (lack of cooling), you are not going to do long with everything stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxces50 View Post
I did Limerock the other weekend- 4 sessions 20 minutes each, usually about 1:20min+/-/ lap. NO Problems at all - drove it hard - typical lap RPM 4k- redline- - Z did great on the track- smoked the twisties. Stillen G3 & Stillen CAT Back all other 100% stock - No Oil Cooler BUT Fortunately it was very cold for late March- around 30 degrees in the morning and only got up to a high of 40 degrees in the afternooon. Oil did run 240ish and for short periods get up near 260 but dropped off pretty quick if I lightened up on the gas. NO limp mode at all. But I am sure June/July could not pull this off so reluctantly will install oil cooler (concern with reliability as noted elsewhere). Thinking of going with NISMO kit asumming they got the connections fittings and hose length right- more $$$ but thinking more reliable. All other stock parts did good- brakes did get real hot but still fealt ok but considering HPS pad upgrade and stainless lines- Z has lots o go and you don't even realize pushin 130+ no worries but gets your attention tryin to scrub off the speed so I'd do more brake before more HP. Oh yea- 7AT, sport, touring...yes 7AT and it was right at home on the track and excellent performance- I ain't no NASCAR driver and do this just for fun only and have driven many MT for decades and this 7AT holds it own. PS- drove it to work Monday
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote