View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Ahhh, Matt. Think like an automatic in traffic. This talkback is kind of more for NVmyZ. Let's say you're going 35, you can easily have it in 6th. When slowing down, keep the clutch engaged, let the revs come down to around 1K, hit the clutch, come to a stop, THEN shift down. No unecessary revving then. Secondly, let's say you are slowing, but then wanting to speed back up.. Be smart about the next gear you select. 35 in 6th, slowing to 15. Engine revs to like 1K, again... Clutch, now 2nd gear.... Clutch again. No fuss, no jerk, just smoothness. You don't have to even hit the gas until you want to speed back up. People won't think you're revving at them.
I'm well aware of the measures I have to take to avoid the "unnecessary revs" from SRM. But for some people, there really just isn't enough downshifting-required turns to take advantage of SRM, in my opinion.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote