View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #142 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

I would be curious as to the TS MAF section diameter compared to the G3 diameter. The only way the SRI will make gains is by increasing the diameter to make the car run lean and thus make some power, but the G3s do that too. I mean no matter what its a filter on a stick and there isonly so much one can do to make gains and they have all been tried and all intake makers know the tricks so I find it hard to believe the TS made more than the G3 without doing anything else to the car or dyno. They will suck in more heat than the G3s, so they have to make up for that lose somewhere and whatever they did to do that, others know it to and would have done it on the G3 too. So its all a crap shoot really and you just get what you like.

Another note Im curious about is, coming from GA to Tx and now being at a higher altitude my car is slower than it was in GA. What was the altitude density for the G3 dyno and the TS dyno? Could this make a difference in numbers?

Last edited by Zsteve; 04-03-2010 at 12:04 PM.