View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #339 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zproject View Post
1.0 out of 5 stars Not for use with Synthetic Oil- Tool Topia not returning!, December 13, 2007
By serasbach "serasbach" (AZ) - See all my reviews
I used this on my 2002 BMW and it seemed to work great, but the next time I went to use it- oil started coming out of the T-Handle where air normally is the only thing that escapes. I called the manufacturer, and they advised me that some synthetic oils (Mobil 1 in my case) can cause the seals in the lower part of the canister to degrade and will allow oil to bypass. They informed me that it would be covered under warranty- but Tool Topia is not working with me. When you call the line for returns, they have you leave a message- nobody ever calls you back either. I have called 4 times in the last 6 days- and nothing.

Don't buy this if you use synthetic oil, it won't last long enough for your second oil change.

true Amazon.com: Mityvac 7400 7.3 Liter Fluid Evacuator: Automotive
Mine is not the Mityvac, but it looks similar. However, there is clear warning that many do not heed and it that you only pump the handle five times, and every so often afterwards, and not to over pump it as it will blowout the seals. So if Godzilla is pumping the crap out of the bloody thing, it's going to blow something! I've had mine for over a decade and it has seen synthetic of just about every brand and dino too. Still works like the day I bought it. Dollars to donuts that Mr. Bimmer did a Godzilla number on his extractor.

Here is who makes mine (Griot's typically re-boxes most of its items under the Griot's label): Pela Oil Extractor - Large PL650

How To Use: PL-650 Big PELA & PELA Pro 14 Oil Extractors*

*On mine, Griot's put a five pump warning (most likely to keep Godzilla from blowing seals).

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 04-02-2010 at 06:13 PM.
SoCal 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote