View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #198 (permalink)
pgrmstr
Base Member

Drives: 09 BS 370z Sport 6MT
pgrmstr is on a distinguished road

If I am hard on the gas, the diff locks and the rear drifts, its when I'm rolling on the gas coming off corners that the inside wheel spin becomes evident. With street tires, the few times I ran it last year, I didn't feel much inside spin, but with the reduced grip, any throttle input would cause the tail slide so it was kinda masked. Coming from BMW's with open diffs (330i ZHP), it's nice to have even the weak diff in the Z....comparatively speaking.

As far as push goes, I too have the Hotchkis bar up front, and imagine if I charged into a corner, I'd see the push come out, but I guess maybe my driving style has adapted over the years, having been in FWD camber challenged cars, or RWD front heavy camber challenged pigs...where you're forced to drive around the issues.....and part of that has been getting the car slowed down getting into a corner, and then rolling on the gas through a turn, increasingly so as the steering wheel comes unwound. So I did not notice any push, and was quite impressed with how it stuck in the sweepers and accepted my throttle.

Hopefully some shocks will be out by mid season and we can start tinkering in more earnest, and I have yet to mess with the alignment....

As far as pressures go, having only been on the A6's once, in cool temps, I ran 38F and 35R....and dropped the rear to 34 for my last two runs. The rear still had lots of tread untouched on the outside edge so I will likely bleed more pressure off at the next event (hopefully with warmer temps) and see how it goes. I would expect to settle somewhere in the 32-34 range on the back. Not sure how much lower you'd want to go up front though as even in the cool, I used up ever bit of treadwidth up front at 38lbs...
pgrmstr is offline   Reply With Quote