Thread: Servicing Help
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
gumpy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z white manual
gumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL370 View Post
I'm more then happy to do the maths based off your dealership quote and Lube/Midas if you feel I lack the mental capacity to attempt such a sum.

Ps. I haven't attacked your logic or your mathematical abilities. I have simply made a statement of what your posted.
Yes not at all... never... ever... btw it's a subtraction...

I see how this could seem it was all financially motivated, I re-read my first post.
Anyone who owns a 70k car in Australia, let alone can afford the insurance and petrol can afford to pay 315 every 6 months. The oil I purchased for my servicing cost a 100. Yes I don't trust them to use the correct oil but I do trust that they can correctly change the oil. Our car's aren't the sort that need initimate special knowledge to service them like the superexotics.

So I guess the point is I see nissan service as average servicing centre that charge a premium. Many will go as far as saying they're a crap servicing centre charging a premium.

My view of Genuine parts - they're rebranded crap. In the main forum they've proven things like the Nissan oil filter is not good... we have nfi what the nissan ester oil is...

Warranty repair detection - a good mechanic will find the same

ECU Updates - Nissan won't issue one unless something really fs up which then will turn into a recall. Seeing what they did with the hatch springs and oil cooler they won't go the extra mile.

Log book - good point for most cases but the people that buy our car next are likely to be boyracers that don't give too much credit to official nissan service. I'm not selling mine anyway, rwd manual petrols are on the out and need to hold on to this one.
gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote