View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I am very sorry to say this but I don't think The370Z will ever have a chat room . It just doesn't attract any positive vibe to me. The last thing I want a new members(when they sign up) to see is current members talking about mindless/useless talks. I watch many enthusiast BMW, Porshe, Audi forums and none of them have chat. While, when I go to some Scion, civic or the eclipse forums, they are gladly chatting their life away on the front page. Some of the topics in chat were so embarrassing/inappropriate, I had to leave the page/forum. It just didn't seem like a mature thing to do. I think you guys can see where I'm going with this.

We, as a The370Z forum members, would like to keep a very professional image. I think you've already noticed The370Z.com is a different kind of forum. We are here to provide our fellow members as much as solid information possible with least amount of bs/drama. For your entertainment, I have an "off topic" section where you're more than welcome to create a "The370Z Chat Thread" or use our existing "useless thread".

Thank you guys for understanding.

yup chats only appropriate for civic scion eclipse and GT-R owners

but yea i actually see where AK is coming from.... the 370z is a very mainstream car thats gonna attract a major following....and the way this forum is growing i could see it maybe opening up some doors for a site like this getting side tracked with either flame wars or random ramblings from so many people.... you guys are on your way to 5K and 10K members MYGTR because of the nature of the car is always going to be a smaller more "niche" forum so its more manageable over there....i think thats what AK is getting at or alteast how i interpreted it

if i was running this site i would only consider it appearing in the off topic forum and not the main page for the reasons AK mentioned

i chose to add it to MYGTR because im going for a different angle. as some of you know i CO Founded the North American GTR owners club which is very car centric and has a more serious technical tone to it. with MYGTR i wanted it to be as much more laid back and about the owners of the car as the car itself. more of a hang out atmosphere so chat works for us

but one thing i will note is you can link it in the nav bar and not have it displayed. so it becomes like a seperate chat room

Last edited by MC; 03-26-2009 at 12:51 AM.